Friday, September 19, 2008

The voting begins today!

So, the Pier 1 design contest voting starts today and ends the 9th of October. If you can, please take a few minutes and vote for me! Just click on the Pier 1 widget in my sidebar, that will take you to the site. I think you enter an email to get started. When you get to the gallery, just look up, gardengalkim@yahoo.com to find my room, "Livin' in Dreamland", and then vote "yes". I think that you can only vote 1 time, but they give you 2 chances to win a $25.00 gift certificate. My room design came out pretty well, I was limited to what I could use. Hey, you have to give it a go to win and I appreciate anyone taking the time to vote.

Other news: Hello Kitty turns 6 today! Who would have guessed that she would be doing so well after being so sick a year ago? No doubt this is how she will spend her day.


As a treat, I think I will spend an hour this morning knitting with her on my lap (her other favorite place to sleep). I am working on my first pair of socks, and so far so good. Getting ready to turn the heal. I found this really cool "Online Supersocke Circle" striped wool sock yarn (see color #1059) that puts out a fun pattern, who knew? I may post up a pic when they are done. Next Thursday I am signed up for a one-on-one finishing class to get some help with a lightweight cotton sweater I just finished. I can't seem to get the shoulder seaming right?

On the blog front, I have had nothing new to post for awhile. I think I have been a bit burned out, and have been working more, leaving less time for cookin' and bloggin'.We have a family member who has just had surgery that we will visit tomorrow, so I will be cooking for him today. I plan to get photos and write up posts in the next few days. On the menu, Martha's Mac and Cheese (which I will prepare with whole grains), a yummy Tomato Lentil Soup from the "New Basics" cookbook that I have made a bizillion times (vegetarian) and Martha's brownies (I think I will make the fudgey version). Hopefully these comfort foods will help him along with his recovery.

So, have a great day everyone! I'll have more great food yummies up soon!

3 comments:

vermilion girl said...

**HAPPY 6th BIRTHDAY HELLO KITTY!!
ENJOY YOUR CAT NAPS.
Kim, How nice of you to cook a full meal for other people in need.
How extremely lucky for them to have a gourmet meal prepared by you.
I have already been voting for your room makeover. I hope you win.

Alicia Foodycat said...

That is a fine looking cat! Happy Birthday Hello Kitty!

Gloria Chadwick said...

Hello Kitty is so cute! I clicked on the Pier One and my computer froze. Four different times. I wasn't able to vote for you because I couldn't get there. But if it makes you feel any better, you've won a foodie award. Come on over and see what it is.