Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chocolate Sauced Pears - WWW




Dinner last night was oh-so-tasty, and loaded with cheese. I will post the dish this Thursday for my Barefoot Bloggers post or for a sneak peak, you can go here to see the recipe picks for September). For our dessert, I wanted to serve the pears that I picked up at the farmers' market from Phillips Fruit Farm and include them in a Weight Watcher Wednesday post. So, onto the net I went. I found this potentially yummy recipe on the 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet site. They have loads of recipes posted and give nutritional information, including WW points. This recipe looked quick and easy, and hey, involved chocolate, so I gave it a try. Everything went well until they were cooked. All the cooking liquid that was to be combined with the chocolate sauce baked away. I am not sure why this happened. One reason could be that I cut the recipe in half, to just 2 servings, which also cut the cooking liquid in half. Also, the oven temp called for is 375, perhaps at 350 they may have turned out better. Anyway, I went ahead and drizzled them with the chocolate sauce amount called for and we dug into them. Very tasty! The soft pears and the chocolate were perfect together. At just over 100 calories it satisfies that sweet tooth.

Don't forget to check out the rest of this weeks Weight Watcher Wednesday recipes.



Chocolate Sauced Pears


serves 2
WW points: 1



2 small Bartlett pears
1 tbl lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbl chocolate flavored syrup





Core pears from bottom end using a small melon baller, leaving stems intact; peel pears. Cut a thin slice from bottoms of pears to help stand upright. Place pears in a small baking dish.







Stir together lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Brush mixture on pears, pouring remaining liquid in bottom of pan.











Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or till tender. Cool slightly. Strain baking liquid and pour into a small bowl. Stir in chocolate syrup and pour into 4 individual dessert bowls. Add pear to each bowl, standing up. Serve warm.

This is where I had the problem with the recipe. All the cooking liquid baked away.



So, if this happens, just place them in little dessert bowls and drizzles with the chocolate sauce and dig in!

5 comments:

Rindy R said...

Kimi - your pears look great today! Adding chocolate is my favorite way to eat fruit :-)
You certainly may post any of my blogs!! Thank you!

kat said...

Oh they do look yummy. I always wonder about the sizing down & losing liquid to cook in thing too, at least you still made it work

Anonymous said...

YUUUMMMM!!! These look really great and would certainly answer that sweet-choc craving!

Maria said...

Your pears look delightful!

Maggie said...

These look delicious and I just picked a ton of pears.